Sunday, April 22, 2012

paper possibilities: bellariffic barcodes...

It's a happy BellaRIFFIC friday today!

...because I don't have to be anywhere except for my favorite place, which is home, and I have a ~new~ Suzi Blu book arriving on my doorstep friday!

All is well in my banking crisis and HOW can not having a debit card a major blip in my mind? I have taken well given advice and it will only be used sparingly. I will be prepared when dining out and carry cash. :)  I took cash to Canada & Scrapfest, I did not call the credit card company to let them know I was out of the country, in case I needed to use the card. {ok, this was mainly to avoid impulse buying! lol} Can you believe I took 150.00 and I had to get 5.00 from Linda to get back across the bridge. I could have stayed hostage at Lindabella's house, LOL, we laughed about that one. Jim may have come to get me just so I was home to take care of my animals.

It was rainy on Sunday and I really didn't want to leave Linda's and drive home. She was playing with her embossing powders and dreaming of making a new sheet of samples...yeah, she has little cards on a chain and each little card has a name and sample of one of her powders. Linda has LOTS, she said Pauline had more...omg, I have 4! So Linda pulls out her 'Em's Funky Barcode' set, a set I was looking forward to getting my hands on. Linda starts playing and I finally take off for home. It takes me a while {nap} to get back into the crafting groove sunday night, and I end up playing with this 'happy birthday' barcode... Barcodebirthday
I know, it's not colored, can you believe it. Sometimes I need to play around with solid images and see if I can make a card I love. I see lots of them, I just struggle to make one myself. hehe, this set comes with 4 images and sentiments...there are more barcodes a comin'!

...card recipe:

Finished size is 5" x 6 1/2", kraft cs, Memory Box pp, Echo Park 'Times & Seasons' pp, Bazzill cs, 'Em's FUNKY BARCODE' set from Stamping Bella, Ranger Archival ink, Sakura clear glaze pen, twine, button and sewing.

Our next BellaRIFFIC friday challenge is FLOWERS. Next week you can have flowers on the paper, a Stamping Bella image..there are LOTS to choose from. We have so many ~new~ faces in our BellaRIFFIC friday lineup on Emily's blog...if you wanna join us all you gotta do is send da Bella a picture by thursday night.    :)

Peace out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment