Friday, April 13, 2012

Format DataGridView Column - Code39 Barcode - Visual Basic .Net ...

Hello,

I want to use barcodes in to my application in VB 2010. Also, I am a beginner in VB programming.

I made a simple application. I fill a DataGridView form an SQL Table. After that i must apply a filter, and then print the form.

I managed to filter the data from that DGV, but now i'm stuck at making that column to show barcodes instead of ID number.

In the DataGridView, in the first column of the table, it’s the ID column. In SQL this colum is set as “int”

In this column are unique ID Number, and I want to convert those numbers into barcodes (Code39 - I have this font installed).  

I set the font of that column to be Code39 font, but this barcode needs  * symbol before and after the ID number, like this: *1234*  , that it can be read afterwards by a barcode scanner.

How can I put those * in the ID Column ? It can be done adding a CellFormating Event?

Thank

View the full article

0 comments:

Post a Comment